Friday, November 25, 2011

The Value of Good Friends

Before I had my Muddy Preschooler, I didn't really have many friends in town. Muddy Hubby's circle of friends mainly consisted of his brother and cousins, with only a couple of other friends. Then I started antenatal classes and I met the most wonderful group of ladies, and this antenatal group has grown to be my close circle of friends out here. I know that whenever I need anything they are always there for me. They are always there to listen and not judge, and to offer advice when I am in desperate need of some!

There is just no way you can place a value on these types of true friendships. To give you an example, last Friday afternoon we headed over to a friends for Friday afternoon Harvest drinks (usually without the boys, but due to rain there were a couple present). Everything was going great, the kids were playing together beautifully, we managed some good quality catch up time, then Muddy Preschooler comes up, lays down on my lap and says 'I want to go home Mum' (VERY unlike her who always wants to stay til the end so she doesn't miss anything). Needless to say I was happy to oblige, as I too was feeling a little weary, I was about to stand up when she jumps off my lap and much to my mortification, vomits all over the kitchen floor!

It was one of those moments where you think - is this really happening. I scooped her up before she could vomit again and held her over the sink as she was again sick and very distressed. Before I knew it I was ushered into the bathroom, my friends had the shower running ready, they cleaned up her mess without a second thought. Now bodily fluids are not the most pleasant job in the world, yet my beautiful friends didn't hesitate to step in and help me out, as I know I would do for them in the same position. That to me is a true friend, always there for you, no matter what the situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.