Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Fun Facts - Tag You're It

Source
The awesome Karla at Irommum Karla and the always Wonderful Julie at Mama of 2 Boys have awarded me the Liebster Award and tagged me to share Five fun facts about myself .

To be honest at first I didn't think I'd be able to come up with five facts to share, but when I started thinking I ended up with more than five and have narrowed it down to these quirky, little known, facts about me:

-  I can't stand Pumpkin and Sweet Potato, don't eat it, can't tolerate the smell, taste or texture of it. Every time I tell people this, they look at me like I have 3 heads because apparently pumpkin is everyone's favourite vegetable!

-  As a teenager I LOVED (and still do love) the original TV series of Beverly Hills 90210, but only up until Shannen Doherty left, after that it all went down hill. I own all the series with Shannen in them on DVD.

-  I am a teeth chatterer, when I'm cold my teeth start chattering and they don't stop until my whole body is warm. It drives Muddy Hubby nuts and he's always trying to put his fingers in to see if I'll chatter through them.

-  My grandfather was an orchid grower, he used to create new types of orchids and I have an orchid named after me, so do both my cousins. To this day I LOVE Orchids, can't get enough of their beautiful blooms.

-  I have absolutely no sense of balance, never have had. To prove the point, all in one day I fell off a motor scooter I was driving and I fell off a horse I was riding, both on Magnetic Island. When I called my Mum to tell her, she responded with 'Well, you never did have very good balance'.

The Liebster Award is designed to help drive traffic to blogs with fewer than 200 followers so, here I go tagging Five blogs I love to read, but please ladies absolutely no pressure to share Five Fun Facts if you don't want to! The choice is yours:

Peggy @ Cake, Crumbs and Beach Sand

Shar @ Mum on The Run

Jo @ Country Life Experiment

Mel @ Coal Valley View

Bee @ Fumbles and Bumbles

3 comments:

  1. Oh, nice list! It can be hard gathering the 5,even though there are probably hundreds... I too love orchid and somehow always get them to flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great facts Nat! And congrats on the Liebster. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you for tagging me! You are the second one who has and I REALLY need to get off my butt and do this too and pass it on.

    I am also a teeth chatterer, I'm surprised I've never chipped a tooth from it! Funnily Monkey does it too. He will stand there, shivering and chattering, adamently denying that he's cold. Yeah, right buddy.

    I also loved 90210. Haven't watched the remake, I assumed it would be crap. I was totally in love with Brian Green and wanted to be Jennie Garth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.