Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Crossing Off Our List

The last few weeks have been typically busy, I have come to realise that it's just the way it's going to be, there is always going to be something happening, a new challenge to keep us on our toes. Last week it was Muddy Hubby and the Chicken Pox, this week who knows.

To help make holidays a little less frantic and more about the kids I sat down with them all on Saturday morning and we made some lists of what they'd like to do these school holidays. The answers I got when I asked them what they'd like to do I found surprising. They were simple things, but things to do together as a family.

There were no major holiday activities like theme parks or  zoos or movies. They included - Make Pizzas, Plant seeds, Water the Garden, Bake, Go Lamb Tailing, Ride our Bikes and Help tidy the house. It was a little bit of a wake up call to me that these kind of things have been let slide in my busyness and that these are what my kids value and enjoy and I need to make more time for.

The downside to writing a list is, that like me, they want to pack as much as they can into one day so they can cross them off their list. So....we're all trying to slow down a little, pace ourselves over the holidays and savour the activities and time together rather than rushing. A nice reminder for me, to just hang out with my Muddy Kids.

2 comments:

  1. What a great holiday list! I hope you enjoy spending the time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say my kids have never asked to go lamb tailing! ;) Sounds like a good list! We were struck down with chickenpox too, it sucks! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.